KataHack is a two-week online hackathon by Kata.ai, where your team will work together to build the next-gen AI solution with Kata.ai technology. At KataHack, we want to challenge you to turn your ideas into reality. This competition is open to all skillset and ideas: senior and junior developers, teams
So, what is the next technology that you want to build?
It’s your call.
What to Build
- The mission is to build next-gen AI solution with Kata.ai technology
- You have to use at least one Kata.ai technology to build your hack. It doesn’t have to be a chatbot. Any kind of solution is acceptable as long as you use Kata.ai technology. Here is the list:
- Kata Platform
- Kata Platform API
- Your hack must solve at least one valid problem. It can be either business and/or engineering problems.
- Third-party tools and frameworks are allowed as well as your normal tooling (Gulp, Yeoman, Composer, NPM, Bower, Kata Wicara, and etc.) as long as they are for non-core functionalities.
- Your core solution must be built during the competition period:
- Monday, 14th October 2019 at 17.00 (GMT +7.00) until Thursday, 24th October 2019 at 23.59 (GMT +7.00)
Rules & Regulations
- A team must be comprised of at least one member to a maximum of four members.
- A person may only join 1 team.
- This competition is eligible for everyone from any background, gender, and location.
- In case you are under 18, your parents/legal guardian should contact our team to request a waiver authorizing you to join KataHack and submit their plan for your attendance and transportation to and from the KataHack event.
- All teams should complete the registration process, starting from Friday, 27th September 2019 at 00.00 (GMT +7.00) until Sunday, 13th October 2019 at 23.59 (GMT +7.00).
- In the registration form, you should explain your pitch in 1 paragraph or provide us a link to the document (presentations/paper) that explains your pitch.
- After you pass the admission process, we will choose the top 20 ideas from selected teams to join our online coaching session with our team.
- You need to create a 10 slides pitch deck to submit your hack ideas. Your pitch deck should include:
- Name, e-mail, and roles of all team members
- A short abstract of the solution
- Kata.ai technologies you are going to use
- The development tools such as the platform, SDKs, API
- Any used assets and libraries
- Any components not created at KataHack
- Access link to the team Git repository
- A readme on how to use the solution
- A link to a video of the solution on (YouTube) *optional
- All solution shall be submitted to KataHack team before judging day on Friday, 25th October 2019 at 13.00 (GMT +7.00)
- We will choose the top 5 teams with the greatest idea and will announce it on Tuesday, 29 October 2019 at 13.00 (GMT +7.00)
- The top 5 teams must be willing to present their hack ideas in Jakarta at INTERACT event, starting from 4th – 5th November 2019.
- The winner will get a prize with total IDR 40.000.000,-
- Originality: Is the solution unique and innovative?
- Business value and/or social impact
:How well does the solution solve the business/engineering problem(s)?
- Level of integration with Kata.ai technology: How well does the solution integrate with Kata.ai’s technology?
- Implementation: How far and how well is the implementation?
KataHack Project Submission
The project submission is only for the top 20 teams that has been announced.
1. Q: What is KataHack?
KataHack is invention marathon for developers. During the event, participants (‘hackers’) will build a project that answers our challenges.
2. Q: What is so special about it?
We give you the chance to change the world by building the next-gen AI solution that truly matters.
3. Q: Does this cost money?
Nope! We want to make this event accessible
foreveryone, so there is no charge to enter.
4. Q: Is my team allowed to discuss ideas before the KataHack period begins?
Planning and discussion are allowed before the start date, but development should only start after.
5. Q: Could my team use the free resource on the internet?
You may also incorporate pre-existing material that is freely available to the public into your
project, such as public domain images, creative commons music, open-source libraries, existing APIs and platforms, and the like.
6. Q: What about the intellectual property of my team’s idea?
Any intellectual property developed during the KataHack will belong to the team that developed it. We expect that each team will have an agreement between themselves regarding the IP, but this is not required.
7. Q: What about accommodation while in Jakarta, if my team passes the top 5 and have to present our hack ideas at INTERACT event?
Worry not, we’ve got you covered for all transportation and hotel expenses.
8. Q: I have another questions
Please email us at email@example.com if you are in any way confused or concerned. We’d love to help you.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org